Our second Designing Resilient Regenerative Systems MOOC entitled ”Beyond Systems Thinking” has started 14th of November on EdX.
In this MOOC we develop a critical understanding of what systems thinking entails and how it can become a helpful habit. The view from above contains techniques to deal with complexity, to zoom out of a system for zooming in on what matters most. We learn some basics of social network analysis and how to measure and interpret structures in networks, such as for resilience. We acquire an applicable toolset on i.e. the transformative potential of resilience, which leads over to an extended look into circularity, from a circular economy to five types of circular flows. Finally, we learn about systemic innovation, how to nudge complex systems to transform, and with what tools this may be possible.
1. (Critical) Systems Thinking: Develop a critical understanding of systems thinking.
2. The View from Above: Acquire physical-mental practices for zooming in on what matters most.
3. Resilience: How to design for transformation.
4. (Social) Networks: Methods to engage people and communities.
5. Circularity: Designing circular flows across systems scales.
5. Systemic Innovation: How to intervene in complex systems.
Teacher-paced duration 14.11.22-29.01.23